Melt Group is looking for a BIM Manager on behalf of a leading Italian general contractor specialised in projects for different sectors: from large interventions in public and healthcare construction, from civil and commercial construction, to the industrial, pharmaceutical and agri-food sectors; for the construction of New Sint Maarten General Hospital, an ambitious Hospital in the Caribbean.
- Technical advisor at onsite field office.
- Participate in BIM set-up, standards and coordination process on projects.
- Establish early standards for data exchange with entire Project Team to optimize use of the BIM for scheduling, quantity take-off, estimating, etc. during all stages of the project.
- Participate in the development of standard families and detail libraries for concrete, concrete formwork, construction equipment, etc.
- Participate in technological collaboration between project team members, client, architect, builder, consultants, subcontractors, etc.
- Facilitate the exchange and coordination of the 3D model with consultants and contractor/fabricators.
- Run clash detection studies and generate reports to project team. Assign responsible parties’ workflows and manage these tasks to successful completion.
- Ensure the construction geometry is error-free and presented in an efficient manner for the crews.
- Interface with field survey crews and provide building visualization input.
- Maintain model libraries throughout the project and create archive record models at completion.
- 3-5 years’ experience in architectural, engineering or construction industry
- Experience in the delivery of large, complex projects
- Ability to communicate and present design and/or construction ideas to a variety of audiences
- Ability to successfully host, run and document field coordination meetings
- Must be able to access all areas and levels of construction site for work progress review
- Work schedule must be flexible to allow extended periods of overtime or off-shift work to accommodate changing construction sequences
The project has a duration of 4 years and our client is offering expat conditions with a local contract. Rotation 90X15 (single status).
Starting date as soon as possible according to the visa management times (between 2,5 / 3 months).